Thursday, August 24, 2006

Why 'Gender Irrelevant' ?

It occurs to me that I haven't as yet explained the title of this particular blog. I am very keen on words, so the titles of my blogs are supposed to be meaningful. The title for this one reflects me feeling that gender really is irrelevant when it comes to matters of the heart and soul.

I'm bi-sexual, so I know that what gender someone is doesn't affect my capacity to love them or to be in love with them. I've never been a 'girly girl', but a person with a range of interests, some of which are genderised by the society I live in most of the time.

If you are bi-sexual or bi-curious and you haven't had chance to live in a bi-sexual society, by the way, I heartily recommend BiCon ! I had some wonderful experiences there when a friend persuaded me to go a few years back. I long to go again, and will as soon as I have a bigger bank account than I do presently.

No comments:

Post a Comment