Saturday, March 28, 2015

What is Polyamoury?

I often mention that I am polyamorous. Someone just asked me what that means, so I decided to say here.

This is what polyamoury is for me, there are lots of other versions though.

It means I have learnt by experience that I can be utterly devoted to and in love with not just one person at a time, but several. I am also willing to put in the considerable effort needed to keep more than one partner a time happy and content and in love with me in return, and to give them opportunities to do the same for me.

It also means I am honest with people -- sometimes painfully so -- and expect them to be brave and truthful and willing to try new things. For me, 'good' polyamoury requires that everyone you are having a relationship with knows about everyone else you are having a relationship with. Sometimes they love the people you love too, and that's when it really gets great.

It's not 'cheating' the way I do it, because everyone knows what's happening and has agreed to be involved. Everyone is faithful to the 'tribe of hearts' and supports everyone as best they can, both practically and emotionally.

Having said all that, I am semi-single at the moment and always willing to consider having new people come into my life in a romantic and sexual context.

No comments:

Post a Comment